Retail Development Initiative
The Anderson County Chamber of Commerce created a Retail/Commercial Development Initiative in January of 2013. The primary goal is to promote retail and commercial growth as well as the retention and improvement of existing businesses throughout Anderson County. Municipalities involved in this effort include Clinton, Lake City, Norris, Oak Ridge and Oliver Springs along with communities in the county. The Retail/Commercial Development Initiative is supported through both public and private funding.
Anderson County is a part of the Knoxville Metropolitan Statistical Area and is located approximately 15 miles northwest of Knoxville Tennessee. Interstate 75 crosses through the county and nearby Interstate 40 is connected to the county via Pellissippi Parkway. Because of major employers such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, Department of Energy, and other various industries, the area has a stable economic base. Along with these economic factors, the area is also a growing part of the East Tennessee River Valley Geotourism movement.
As a resource for developers, businesses, property owners, and brokers, the Chamber provides quick, easy access to information vital for businesses to prosper in Anderson County. The Chamber website (www.andersoncountychamber.org) is an excellent source of information for new and existing businesses and provides the following information:
- Current inventory of available commercial property for sale/lease
- Current major retailers in our market
- Current aerials showing retail locations
- Major employers and employment
- Area school and enrollment data
- Area attractions, visitors, hotel vacancy rates
- Area hospitals, rooms, employment, doctors
- Area newspapers, radio stations
- Demographics, psychographics
- Traffic counts
- Zoning, planning, building processes, signage criteria with links and contact information
- Historic, current, and future plans and visions for our communities
- Small business assistance and resource
In Anderson County, the Chamber connects developers, businesses, property owners, brokers, and city/ county governments with a business friendly focus. We are here to serve you as you work to achieve your business and financial goals!
Through the Retail/Commercial Development Initiative, the Chamber acts as a liaison to assist all parties involved in commercial business and thereby create an atmosphere of cooperation from start-up through grand opening and beyond!
For more information and assistance with your business ventures, please contact: Janet Hawkins at the Anderson County Chamber of Commerce, at 865-457-2559 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org